Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vector Character Illustration

For this assignment we were to pick a sketch on Deviant Art, vectorize, and color it in.  I chose an Iron Man sketch drawn by Guido Guidi.






The first step was to outline Iron Man, and I chose to start on the head first just because it seemed logical for me to start from top to bottom.

After getting the face and head done, I moved onto the arms, starting with the right arm first.  Outlining these parts weren't to difficult, the more I did the more I could see the figure come together.

Once I had all the major outlining done, it was time to move onto the tiny details.  This for me was probably the hardest part just because there were so many little details to include.

When outlining and detailing was complete, it was time to start the fun part, coloring.  For the most part coloring wasn't too hard, it was more of figuring out which colors go where, and which shades of colors I should use.

Once I got the colors figured out, I started coloring in the major body parts.  I started to put a little bit of shading in just to see what it would look like, then I continued to color in.

This is the final product after I completed coloring in.  The shading part was a little tricky because at times I didnt know if the shading looked right.  Overall it wasn't too much of a hassle, and I enjoyed digitizing the Iron Man sketch by Guido Guidi.




No comments:

Post a Comment